Village of Delta

Photo Page


Join us for our

150th Anniversary Celebration




Lincoln Hotel was on southwest corner of Main and Lincoln Street


Old Longnecker Home was on Main St where First Federal Bank is now


Aerial View of old East Delta, Ohio

  Early 1900's


Looking East on Providence Street



Trolley Car Running down Main Street, Circ. 1902



First school was known as "The Hill of Science" built in 1870 was located on present day Wilson St. (then Bridge St) behind the old Presbyterian Church



Second school was the Wood St School built in 1889 located in the

area of current Fernwood St. between Wood St and Monroe St.,

opened September 1890 and torn down in 1940

  Same school after addition (next)

Third school was the Fernwood Street School built in 1938-39 and opened Sept 11, 1939.  First addition was added in 1954; 2 classrooms, a kindergarten room and Activities Room to East end, plus the Band Room behind the gymnasium. Second addition added in 1957 when the Elementary north wing was built. This building was just demolished this Summer 2012




Calendar of Sesquicentennial Events

Click Here


Table of Contents Outline



Links to Other Pages



Sesquicentennial Committee Appreciation Page


Early Delta History


Delta Park History


Delta Photos of the Past


1860 Federal Census list for Village of Delta

with other facts and biographical information of the early settlers


Mary Augusta WOOD

First child born in village of Delta


Delta Antique Building Collapses

June 2008



  This Page Was Last Modified Friday, 12-Oct-2012 13:09:45 MDT
Maintained by Mark Lozer, webmaster.
Send E-mail to: